For years I have looked in the mirror and seen a fat person, but I never thought I was as big as I was, I always looked bigger in photos, hence why I deleted them, and hid from the truth. I do not have a full length mirror and only ever see myself from the waist up.
This weekend I decided that I should have some pictures taken of me, as when I look in the mirror I am starting to see a thinner person, but when I saw the pictures I felt disheartened, fat and ugly. I still look as big as ever. My first comment to Magnus was that I now understand why I have not had any comments from people about my weight loss despite losing 22.5lb.
I will post the pictures, and then take some more in about 6 weeks. Hopefully then I will see a difference and stop feeling so insecure about myself. As Mum and Dad live in Spain and haven't seen me since I before I started dieting maybe they will see a change, and for them and to even up the balance of fat and ugly I have posted a recent picture of my lovely Emily.
So, this is me, 1oth May 2009 at 16 stone 4.5lb.
I know that you can’t see it yourself; however you can tell that you have lost weight since you joined WW.
ReplyDeleteI think that you are doing great and if you just give it time everyone will see what I can see as well. Especially in the summer when the hoddies are in the wardrobe :-)
xxx
We never have a good summer, so there is always a need for a hoodie! You will have to start hiding them from me :o)
ReplyDeleteMy first reaction looking at your new photos is that you can definitely see that you have lost weight, especially in the back view and head and shoulders ones.
ReplyDeleteI then opened your blog at your latest posting and then in another tab at your original posting so I could compare and the difference is clear.
Done a quick calculation and your weight loss of 22.5lb is less than 9% of your start weight. I think it's really good to see a clear difference so soon.
Well done!!