Friday, 1 May 2009

Swimming and Lovely Food

I went for a swim this afternoon, and did 45 mins, but came away feeling that I had not done a workout, even though I was swimming hard. I couldn't stay any longer as it was kicking out time to make way for lessons.

When I started all this nearly 2 months ago, I was cream crackered after 20-30 mins swimming. I then upped it to alternating between a 30 min swims and 45 mins. At that point 45 mins killed me and I could hardly life my arms! It shows I am getting fitter anf it's doing me good. The prob;lem I have is, while I love swimming, after a while it does get a tad dull going up and down, up and down, up and down....

The prospect of me having to now do some 1 hour swims has inspired me to get a waterproof MP3 player. I am confident with that I can drift into a music daydream while swimming. They are a bit pricey though, so I might have to drop a few hints for my birthday next month :o)

Just had a lovely dinner, it was yummy and fell like such a treat. I had a fresh tuna steak (3.5 points) cooking to perfection, a little pink in the middle with a small portion of new potatoes (1 point) and a big pile of zero point asparagus. I had a teaspoon of garlic, lemon and black pepper butter I made and also allowed a point for the olive oil I rubbed into the tuna before cooking. 6.5 points for a gorgeous and filling dinner.

I have enough points left for a few glasses of wine, and as Emily is at her Dad's this weekend me and Magnus are off out in Chorlton for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment